Friday, May 18, 2007

Paper Towels

I have a Frugal Fridays post for this week! :o)

Recently, I've tried to stop using paper towels unless it's absolutely necessary. I think I've almost got it narrowed down to using them just when I clean the outside of the toilet. We used to go through at least one roll per week, and now we hardly go through any!

One of the things we used to use them a lot was covering food in the microwave. Then, I found a nifty plastic thing at wal-mart that is to cover up food...it was only a couple of dollars and should last a long time. We just wash it when it needs washing. :)

Also, I've been using dish towels instead of paper towels to clean the counters and other things with. We have an abundance of dish towels so that works out fine.

So, that's my tip for the day! I don't know how much it saves us, but I know it saves some, and it's easy to do!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

I know we use too many around here!

BTW, my mom's name is Marye Jo, I'm Sherry Jo, and my DD is Mary Joy. :-)

Anonymous said...

Dear Friend,
While not using paper toweling for every little thing is a great idea, the idea of covering things in the microwave with plastic is not healthy. A chemical reaction occurs and causes dioxins to drip into your food. Same thing with heating up in plastic containers. If you must microwave, please use glass dishes and cover with a plate. We are trying to get back away from using the microwave so much after learning that the molecular structure of food is damaged after being exposed to the radiation and also, radiation is then released into your home. Yikes! Don't want my babes around that. Anyway, sorry this is so long, but please don't use plastic in the microwave.
God's blessings to you and yours.