Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Philadelphia Pro-Life Evangelism Tour, Day 1

We left for the Philly tour at about 4:30 AM Monday (October 23, 2006), planning to only make it to the second stop of the day, at Princeton. After a 7-hour drive, we arrived and caught up with the group. It was incredibly cold and not a lot was happening at first. I did lit for a while and held a sign for a while, as well as watched little baby Jonathan Storms and took 3-year-old Julia Storms to the bathroom. On the way back from the bathroom, a woman stopped me, “Miss, miss!” I looked at her and she informed me that there were “some extremists down there” with really graphic signs. I let her know I was with them, and she got a look on her face and said, “Oh, well, I didn’t know if you wanted your daughter to see the signs.” I informed her that Julia was not my daughter, and again reminded her I was with the group. She drove away. Upon returning, I noticed a group had gathered around Jason Storms and they were debating. It was an interesting conversation, and I think the students were left with much to think about. About the time that conversation ended, it was time to go, so we packed up and went out for dinner. Mostly everyone went to Friendly’s, but we decided to go to Wendy’s instead, and pay less for a burger, so we did. After dinner, we headed to the church (Chapel of the Good Shepherd) where would spend every night of the tour. After getting settled in, we sang some hymns and had a class about modern policing and its affects on public evangelism, taught by a man named Steve who is a police officer and was part of our group for the first half of the week.

No comments: