Friday, November 24, 2006

"Black" Friday

So, I was not planning to go shopping today. I don't do a lot for Christmas--I think it's sick how much money people spend and all the selfishness over a holiday that, by most Christians, is considered "Christ-centered." But, Dad told my Mom that we could get some things for me to set aside until I get married, so then Mom and I were prompted to go! What Mom and I set out to get was a very reasonably priced, discounted stainless steel set of flatwear, from Macy's (it was Oneida brand, which my Mom says is good). By the time we got there, they were out of it, so we were just poking around...well, we found a set of china that was incredibly marked down (about 50% off and we had a coupon) in a quality brand, and a pretty, simple pattern. Mom called Dad and he said they could get it! So I officially have 8 place settings on the way, in addition to a few serving dishes of Mikasa Antique White china (it all came in a set)! I'm so excited. I am hoping this year to make plenty of things to set aside for our house when we get married, but my parents getting us a nice set of dishes is such a huge blessing, and I'm really excited about it. I am so thrilled that God has brought such a wonderful, godly man into my life, and it will be so wonderful when we are able to start our home. I'm thankful that my parents are supportive, and happy to help in any way they can. I thank the Lord for His provision!

No comments: