Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name,
make his deeds known among the people."

~1 Chronicles 16:8

God is so good...I really do have so much to be thankful for. The past year of my life, in so many ways, has been so marvelous. About this time a year ago, Ben, Sam, and Hannah had just left my house after a three week visit, while Ben and Sam did some work around our house (painting, yard work, etc). Ben and I were not yet officially courting, although...love was certainly beginning to blossom. A month later was when our courtship officially began, and our love has blossomed and grown into a beautiful, deep, love that will last a lifetime.

Also, we have been covenant members of our wonderful fellowship, Cornerstone (Baptist) Church for a year now! We are so thankful for our "family." All three of us have grown so much since we've been there, and the fellowship has been so sweet. I'm so thankful for a Pastor who preaches God's Word faithfully week by week, even when it means he's not "popular." I'm thankful that he evangelizes faithfully about 5 days each week. He lives what he preaches, and calls all his "sheep" to live holy lives. I thank the Lord for him! Our congregation is also so precious. They genuinely love the Lord and serve Him! They are such an encouragement for all of us, and their fellowship is so wonderful!

In addition to those "new additions" to my life in the past year...I'm so thankful, beyond anything else, for my salvation. The Lord called me 3 and a half years ago out of my life of sin to live for Him; it was then that I repented of my sins and put my faith in the Lord Jesus Christ Who paid the high penalty for my sins and purchased me with His blood. Since then, my life has changed so radically in just about every way. I praise Him for being so gracious to me, and to so many others. I am so undeserving, yet He pours out His mercy on me endlessly. Repentance is such a precious gift from the Lord, and I am thankful that I'm blessed with the opportunity to serve Him with my life, and spend eternity glorifying Him along with the angels in Heaven. I fail so often to bring Him the glory He deserves, but He continues to forgive and refine me, a work that will continue as long as I live.

I started writing this post yesterday, and didn't get to finish it because we had some friends over for our Thanksgiving feast. What a precious time of fellowship we had with Tom and Sharon Mutugi and their three beautiful children, as well as Laura, Sharon's sister, and Mandy! They are all members of our church, and we were truly blessed by their company!

-Mary Jo


No comments: