Monday, September 04, 2006

When You Can't Keep Your Schedule. . .

Don't! :)

I know, I know...bad advice, usually...but...schedules are made for man, not man for schedules! ;)

Today, I had good intentions of keeping my schedule, as, like I said, I was really planning to this week. But I had a change in plans! I wish I had gotten more done, but it has been a really nice day. My Dad had the day off, so the three of us have all been home all day, so it's been more relaxed. I talked to Ben for longer than I planned to this morning, we had family devotions late, and then I got a surprise call from Ben this afternoon. It wasn't scheduled, but it's been a nice day! Plus, I had some time to do some Bible study.

I've been feeling convicted as of late about not being completely obedient to Christ in my thoughts, so I read some scriptures, as well as made a notecard for myself and put it in my Bible, so I could be reminded quickly when I need to be. It really is amazing, though...the realization that Christ knows EVERYTHING we think...every single thought that goes through our heads. It's daunting, and it's enough to make one feel pretty bad. I'm sure thoughts are more of a struggle for most people than actions are, as far as sin. Anyone know of any good verses about one's thoughts? A couple of good ones I came across to remember, that are related, are 2 Corinthians 10:5 and Psalm 19:13-14 (the added emphasises are mine):


Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
~2 Corinthians 10:5

Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
~Psalm 19:13-14



I also found a Spurgeon sermon on 2 Corinthians 10:5 that I'm going to read later today. Conviction hurts...but it can be so sweet, too; a renewed, stronger desire to strive for holiness is so sweet...

So, with that--I'm off to do some schooling.

Blessings!
Mary Jo

No comments: