Friday, September 08, 2006

My Dad

Hey everyone. . .

My Dad is in the hospital. Last night, Mom and I took dinner to a couple from our church who just had a baby, and my family (the three of us) were going to go out to dinner together when we got back. When we left, we gave my Dad a call and told him we were on our way. He let us know he wasn't feeling that well, and that we should just go ahead and go out if we wanted to. So, we went out for a burrito and when we got home Dad was gone! It turned out he was on his way to the doctor, but found out the Urgent Care was closed, and the only one that was open did not take our health insurance, so he decided to go to the ER. About 12 o'clock (midnight) the doctor came in after some bloodwork had been done and let him know he was going to have to hvae his gall bladder removed today. He went into pre-op a little after 9 this morning. At the time, they weren't sure how bad it was, so they didn't know if they'd be able to do it laproscopically (through his belly button) or if they'd have to cut him open. Thankfully, they were able to do it without cutting him open! He's been out of surgery for almost an hour. Everything went smoothly. He has to stay the night in the hospital and will be able to come home in the morning. He won't be able to lift anything heavy for a while, but he will be able to return to work Monday :) So, that is good. Our Lord is so gracious. I'm so thankful for His protection over my Dad. Please keep him in prayer. I'll update if anything else happens! I am going to go see him in a little bit. Mom is waiting until he's settled in his room, and then she is going to come and get me, and take me over to the hospital.

Have a blessed weekend!
Mary Jo

No comments: