Friday, September 01, 2006

Finally, an update!

So, it has been a while. To you, (if I have any), my faithful readers...I am sorry! Haha...

I'm in the kitchen with some bagels in the oven (my first attempt at making them), so I have a bit of time to post. Things have been pretty good this past week. Just been doing my normal stuff. Let's see...

Saturday, the mill was still closed (glory!!) so we didn't go, but we did go to evangelism with the people from church. I went out with my Dad. Nothing particularly great happened, to speak of. Most of the doors we knocked on were people who only spoke Spanish, and I am NOT a Spanish-speaker (even though both of my parents are). Dad talked to them for a while, with his Spanish (which sounded great, though he insisted his "espanol es horrible!" But, I thought it was good. The people seemed very humble. Dad spoek to a guy from our church who is from Mexico, and he's going to go back to that neighborhood with us tomorrow since his Spanish is better, and we're going to bring a translation of the repentance tract in Spanish. If you haven't read it yet, I encourage you to. :) The link is in English. So, after evangelism Saturday, Dad and I headed back (Mom was still sort of recovering so she didn't go--door to door in 90+ degrees can be tiring). Mom and I went to a babyshower for Brenda Rivera, who's having her baby by C-Section this coming Monday (Sept. 4)-Labor Day, of all days! *grin*

After that, we came back home and I got ready to go out again. Dad and I went downtown in the club district with some of the college group from church, for the first time. It was quite an experience...I was born again when I was 13, so I never got old enough to partake in that wickedness (I was plenty wicked, though). So, it was my first time down there. It really is Satan's play ground. The clubs are so wicked, the people there are just there to enjoy sinning. That's simply what they do. It's so sad--I wonder how going out half naked, getting drunk, and then fornicating with a stranger could possibly be enjoyable, but apparently they think it is. Preston, a 28-year-old guy, from church was the "preacher" in our group. He was preaching on the truth horn, and was stopped by the cops eventually. We were able to pass out a lot of tracts, and had a few good conversations. Needless to say...we're going back tomorrow night (that is, if I feel better...I've got a bit of a cold).

Sunday was wonderful, as always! Went to church and then to college group on Sunday night. I love my pastor SO much. He knows so much about the Bible, and is such a wonderful teacher. The fellowship with the folks from Cornerstone is so sweet, too. *sigh* I love my church. If you live around Orlando, you should visit it! Even if it's a ways away...it's worth the drive.

This week has been pretty good. I've been doing school, reading, etc. I've also been heavily debating headcoverings (from 1 Corinthians 11) on Christian Debate Forum. It was fun, though I took a leaving shot yesterday, because I don't think it's all that fruitful to continue the debate. For the benefit of people reading, and not posting on, the thread, I explained my position verse by verse, and pointed out a few things. I learned a lot doing the research for the debate, and have become even more solid in my position. It was fun! Though, I did get a little behind on school, so I'll be catching up today.

What else is new? Oh! I'm going up to see Ben in 10 DAYS!!!! I leave early in the morning on September 11. Thankfully, the tickets were not that expensive ($40 each way, plus tax...) so that was nice. :) I won't be back until late at night on September 21, and I likely won't be blogging while I'm gone, unless Ben decides to take a three hour nap or something. Haha! I will be doing shcool while I'm there though. Lucky Ben! Gets to help me study for an Anatomy test (don't worry...it's just the nervous system!). It should be a lovely visit though...I love being up there (obviously!) at the farm. It's so beautiful, and I rather like my boyfriend (don't worry--we're not "dating"...he's courting me...in case someone missed that *smile*) (isn't he cute?)! Alright...I do suppose I'll stop gabbing about the most wonderful guy in the world... *wink*

So, that was a highlight of the week. Ordering tickets. Oh! I've also got an e-mail address at his site now, to help out with things. I've been doing some "marketing" of sorts. I made him business cards too! It was fun.

I've also started reading a new devotional book by John MacArthur called "Drawing Near"...it's pretty good. I recommend it. :) I'm also reading the devotional from "TableTalk" every day...it's a magazine put out by R.C. Sproul's, Ligonier Ministries. It's a good magazine. I recommend it, too! They have, in addition to the daily devotionals, articles and such about theology, church history, etc. Interesting!

Since today is the first day of September, I am finished reading 1 John, and am going to be reading Philippians daily.

So, I guess I've updated on just about everything there is to update on.

And all the bagels are baked! :) I got the recipe from the "Bread by Hand" eBook. I highly recommend it, if you want to learn how to make bread. The directions are simply, and the bread is yummy! You can order it here. It's $4.97. Not bad!

well, I guess I'll be going now. Keep Ben in prayer today, please, as he's driving all the way home from Wisconsin by himself. He was dropping Lauren, Sam, and Jesse off at School of Evangelism. They'll be gone for three whole months! I hope he doesn't fall asleep at the wheel!

No comments: