Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Good Read...


Over the summer, on the way to our family reunion, I read an eBook called "Thriving on One Income." It was written by Mrs. Kimberly Eddy, who runs this website. Now, I'm not married yet, but as most of you know...I'm in a courtship, so I'm headed that direction. I would really recommend reading it, even if you don't see marriage anywhere in your not-too-incredibly distant future. Mrs. Eddy is a home school Mom of a large family and she stays at home. She shares a lot about how the Lord has so richly blessed them as they strive to walk in obedience to His word by having her keep their home. So many months their budget simply doesn't "work out" on paper, but God continues to provide. The book, though not that long, was such a huge blessing for me. It thrilled my heart to see how God had provided for them. She also has many excellent tips on being frugal and whatnot to keep things manageable with one income. So, anyway...I highly recommend it. It's not very expensive...$7.95, and there is no shipping fee (it just downloads to your computer). You can order it here on the Biblical Womanhood site. It's on the second page. If you read it, let me know what you think. :)

No comments: