Wednesday, October 10, 2007

You know the days are evil when...

You know the days are evil when you can say, "Only two women killed their children this morning at Orlando Women's Center." But, alas, such is the case.

My good friend Ashley spent the night with me last night and, after our four and a half hours of sleep, we got up and very quickly got ready to go to the killing place. We were joined in the cool dark of the morning by Spring and Julie with her three daughters. We boldly approached the throne of our Lord before the Mommas began arriving. This morning, two women came to murder their children in the second trimester of pregnancy. As I type this, they are probably both experiencing contractions as their bodies prepare the push their infants out of the comfort of the womb prematurely. They will be pushed into the icy cold toilet water, perhaps alive, within 6-72 hours.

Only one of them spoke to us, and it was very brief. She only said she was having the abortion because she wasn't going to put the baby up for adoption. Now, I'm not going to say adoption is always perfect. It's certainly not an easy thing for a momma to do. But, it's the height of selfishness to murder your infant to avoid it. We hear it all the time. "I don't want to go through giving a baby away." "I don't want to carry this baby nine months for someone else." " don't want to spend my life wondering where my baby is." Do we see a pattern? It's all about I, I, I. That's really the ugly face of feminism, though. It's a movement that simply propagates self-centeredness in the name of "equality."

You know the days are evil when...murder is sanctioned in "the land of the free" and "the home of the brave."

1 comment:

Swylv said...

that's too sad that they think more of themselves instead of "won't this child have a grand life living with that wonderful family!" that's what they should think about.

praying that women who don't want their babies will get together with women who can't have babies ...hitting my knees hard