Friday, January 26, 2007

Back in the Field of Souls

at 1103 Lucerne Terrace.

Today was the first day of abortions at Lucerne since August. Mom and I arrived about 10:15, and were shocked to see that many cars were already there. Today was a rough day. Most of the people were very hard hearted...a number of the people were also professing christians.

For those of you who haven't noticed, there aren't many things that make me more upset than when professing christians have their children slaughtered. How dishonoring to our LORD, and what a terrible witness it gives the REAL Christians...not to mention that the abortionists think they're getting away with murdering true covenant children. One of them even told Patte, "My favorite babies to kill are Christian babies." What a sad state the church (visible church) in America today is in! If there will ever be revival in our land, it will start in the churches...it must start in the churches.

There is so much to say, but I'll just point out a few stories...

A while after we got there, Mom was in the back passing out ministry packets to the folks driving into the parking lot. One big van stopped to take one, and the girl (we'll call her "Shiela") seemed soft. She actually did stop and talk to us, and she professed to be a Christian. The reason she was murdering this baby was because she thought she couldn't handle having another one right now. . .she has a 3 y/o and a 1 y/o. What a selfish Mommy...we even offered (well, Mom did) to adopt her child, and she just didn't feel like allowing us to. "Oh, I could never give up my baby," she said. Yet, murder is an option. *shudders* We had a chance to talk to the father of the baby later on. He too was a professing Christian, and even said, "Oh, I talked to God about it already. It's a personal situation." Almighty God does not condone abortion. He forbids it at the penalty of death. . .physical (which, if we had righteous laws, would be what would happen), as well as eternal. He said he'd go in and talk to her about it, though. I have little confidence that he actually did.

Then there was a less-than-delightful young woman named "Hannah." She was laughing her head off as Patte talked about the consequences of abortion. She even laughed when we brought out the graphic sign (it's of a dead baby). "Oh, look at the dime," she giggled. Patte said to her, "I don't know how many children you've murdered..." (she was unable to finish what she was going to say), but "Hannah" replied by saying, "Oh, I'd do it a hundred times," as she continued to laugh. When her name was called to go in, Patte pleaded with her not to, but to no avail. She turned around and gave her a thumbs up, and a big grin.

A little while later, I approached a young man who is a father of a (now) dead baby. I had tried to give him a packet before, but this time I was a little more persistent, and followed him. He really didn't want to talk to me, but I continued to talk to him for a while, using God's Word. He told me I was a horrible person, and continued walking. I asked why he wasn't responding, and he said he didn't want to do anything that would get him thrown in jail (nice guy, eh?). Mom approached him later on. He was completely apathetic.

The last couple we talked to (well, Patte did all of the talking until the end) completely broke my heart. The girlfriend was on the porch on a chair, and the guy was sitting on the other chair. As Patte spoke, the girl kept looking over quite intently. The guy was flirting with her, and trying to be all sweet (which really sickens me...'let me "love on you" while we wait to kill our child'), which she didn't really appear to appreciate. They eventually walked over to Patte and took a bunch of information, and got in the car. We were rejoicing because we thought they were leaving. A while later, the guy walked inside, and as he was walking I asked him if they were leaving. He said, "No." Immediately, Patte went over and began talking to the girl, who was quite shy. She hardly said anything. She had taken all the things we gave her, though. Prenatal vitamins, a book about pregnancy, a bracelet, etc, and I think she was ready to leave with her baby. But, the boyfriend had other plans. He came back out and got in the car, and Patte began talking with both of them. He had every excuse. "I'm not financially ready." "I live with my parents." "I could never give my kid up for adoption." The girl remained silent as Patte talked. After a while, she was just looking at the guy, with what appeared to be a "I'm looking to you for your guidance" type look. Then, her name was called. He immediately got out. She didn't. Patte and I were kneeling next to her car door, and the boyfriend came up and asked us to move...we both hesitated, and then stood up. I asked him if he loved her. He looked at me for a little bit and said, "Well, I've got feelings for her. We haven't been together very long, though." As she got out of the car, I pled with her. "He doesn't give a rip about you. He doesn't even love you." We pled with them the entire time they were walking up to the building....and then they went in, and he came out alone. It broke my heart. He is a truly sorry excuse for a man. I'm so thankful that God has brought a godly young man like Ben into my life. I don't think I'll ever appreciate him enough.

As we walked away, I looked back at the mass of people on the porch, in tears. What a puzzling thing...spending three hours pleading with people not to pay someone to murder their own children. One day, Pastor Dave asked his son to pray with him for the people, that they wouldn't kill their babies...and he just looked at him and asked, "Dad, why do people want to kill their babies?" Out of the mouth of precious babes, amen?

Scripture is so true when it says in Romans 1,

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful,proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." ~Romans 1:28-32

It describes aborting parents to a "t." They are filled with immorality, fornication...they are wicked and covetous (that's why they murder their children--financial gain)...they are full of murder (they are happy and willing to murder their own child, for their selfish purposes), they hate the Lord Jesus Christ, Almighty God in the flesh, they are despiteful, and proud and boastful as they delight in their evil deeds. They are truly without natural affection (mothers murdering their babies in not natural...men not loving their women enough to protect them from murdering their children...men not loving their children...that's all unnatural), and indeed they are unmerciful, as they take their infant child to be slaughtered, for the sake of what they think will be their own gain.

I especially fear for unrepentant murderers (especially those who had Christians there pleading with them and offering them help and showing and telling them the truth) when they stand before the Lord God Almighty on judgment day. I say along with the scriptures that it truly is an incredibly fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

No comments: