Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's a Small World After All...

Yesterday after ministering at the abortion mill, my Mom, Patte, Patte's son Brendan, and a man named Jay went out to lunch at Panera's to discuss pro-life stuff. It was a sweet time of fellowship, lasting about 3 hours! Towards the end of the conversation, we talked some about Operation Rescue, and Jay mentioned he had done rescues in New England. I was surprised and said, "Oh, wow! That's where the Murches lived during Operation Rescue!" He was like, "You know the Murches?" Do *I* know the Murches? :D I'm going to BE on of them! haha

It turns out, Jay and Mr. Murch (Ben's Dad, my father-in-law-to-be) did a rescue together in Brookline and were in jail together after the rescue. It really is a small world. I guess when you have such a small circle of pro-lifers who are willing to DO something to save babies, you'll see how we all are connected in some way or other through friends. Since becoming involved in pro-life ministry, that IS something I've noticed. And it's really cool. :)

For those of you who don't what Operation Rescue was, I'll tell what I know. Back in the '80s and early '90s, large groups of pro-life Christians would get together and blockade the doors of abortion mills, destroy their equipment, and other (peaceful) things that would prevent babies from being killed. Once FACE, an act making it a felony to blockade an abortion mill or do anything to the vehicles, etc of abortion providers (AKA: murderers), it slowly fizzled out. I might have some of the details wrong, as I wasn't involved back then (I was a little squirt towards the end of the Rescue days), but I think that's the basic gist of it.

Here's an article Jay Rogers sent me this morning about the rescue he and Mr. Murch were arrested at. It's worth a read.

It really is the church's responsibility to do something about the slaughter happening in our nation, right in our back yards. You can expect a post in the near future about sidewalk counseling, and why I do it. I think it will present some thought-provoking points to the many who think sidewalk counseling is a hateful, un-Christ-like way of ministering.

I've got to go shower and do a few things, but I'll try and post later today.

Blessings!
Mary Jo

"I tell you nay, but except ye repent ye shall all likewise perish" ~Jesus

No comments: