Thursday, November 16, 2006

Fishing for men at All Women's Health Clinic, Orlando

Here is a report about the goings-on at the abortion mill yesterday.

Mom and I were in the back whole time. The first individual we came in contact with was a young man driving a pretty beat up car with a toddler-aged little girl in the back seat. I offered him a packet, and he said, "I don't need that, thanks," and waved his hand. Mom proceeded to offer him one and he sped off. He came back around later, and again refused our information. It really boggles my mind how people can bring a little, precious child to an abortion mill--I've seen it time and time again, but I never ceased to be shocked.

The next woman we spoke with (or, tried to speak with) appeared to be older, probably in her mid-forties, accompanied by a young man. Mom began to call out to her and she yelled, "No!" and walked off. They returned and sat down and I began calling out to her, offering her help. When she continued to ignore us, I began pronouncing the judgement of Almighty God, reminding her of the personhood of her little baby, and also warning her that there will be a day when she will have to give an account to God for murdering her child. It was at that point that she said angrily, "Look. You're pro-life, I'm pro-choice. I don't want to hear it. You shouldn't be here." After shaking her head she said, "We can't even feed the ones who are already here on Earth." As she turned the corner, I called out to her, trying to prick her conscience with a reminder that once you are pregnant, it is too late to decide whether to bring another child into the world because you already have. We saw her a few more times, but as far as we know, she continued on and murdered her unborn baby.

The next encounter with a woman was far better. A purple mini-van was pulling around out back and I offered the lady a packet. She let me know she wasn't here for an abortion, but a pap-smear. Right away, I let her know there was a low cost clinic she could go to that didn't perform an abortion. To my surprise, she was thrilled! She said, "I am a single Mom. I don't approve of abortion at all. You could show me somewhere to go?" I said I'd go get the packet, and she drove down the street (wanting to leave the parking lot), turned around and pulled into Dr. Scarlato's driveway. I handed her the information and she smiled. "I'm so thankful for you all being here. It's really great." She looked at the back of the brochure and was happy to find out that the clinic is right near where she lives. I handed her a Repentance Tract, and she drove away after saying, "God bless!"

After our encouter with her, we went back into the back parking lot of Dr. Scarlato's office. "Tanya", a clinic worker came out. Mom and I introduced ourselves. I told her we were with Sanctuary Ministries and she said, "Oh, that's nice." She got in her car and left, and came back a little later. We later met a clinic worker named "Cindy", who seemed very polite. Later, when I was proclaiming the gospel in the back of the building, she came out a couple of times and stood outside.

At 3:30, when I was introducing myself to Dr. Scarlato (who was, by the way, very nice!), the abortionist pulled in. I quickly got the camera ready. Before he got out of the car, he called inside the mill, apparently startled by the camera, and a clinic worker came out shortly after he got out of the van, wanting to know what I was doing (I let her know I was taking a picture...). Shortly after, one of the "inside guys" from the security service (Admiral Security Services--we have their phone # if you want it), Vincent, came over and wanted to know if I'd stop taking pictures. I said I was finished, but when asked if it was illegal, he continually evaded the question.

Post Abortion Moms started leaving at about 4 o'clock. I tried to approach one and she ran away. Shortly after, Mom and I went back into the back. An officer, who we think was named Officer Hoag came into the back. Apparently the workers had called on account of the pictures. He was very nice. Apparently he comes out there regularly because he said, "I haven't seen you here before." and he asked what my name was. I appreciated his attitude toward us--much different then the average officer.

It's heartbreaking, but it's good to be ministering at a mill again. Part of me missed it...not because I enjoy it (though it is so wonderful when a woman spares her child!!), but because God calls us to rescue the innocent who are carried to the slaughter, and even though Pendergraft's mills in Orlando are closed...babies, made in the image of God, are still being torn limb from limb from the wombs of their mothers in my own back yard, and I have no intentions of stopping until the killing stops or the Lord calls me home.

The scripture that comes to mind when thinking about it is one I read during my devotions today, in Romans.

For the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations and their heart was darkened.
~Romans 1:18-21

Clearly, everyone knows--the law of God written on their hearts tells them--abortion is wrong. It's murder. And, perhaps if their consciences aren't yet seared, they even know in the back of their minds that one day they will be judged by the God. But, when they continue on in sin, knowing the truth and suppressing it in their unrighteousness...their hearts are darkened, in their foolishness.

-Mary Jo

No comments: