Friday, August 11, 2006

No AC...96 degrees...

So, the last couple days have been moderately good. :) On Wednesday, I was able to get ALMOST everything on my list done. I didn't get to run or read 1 John...and I only memorized Matthew 5:23-24, but I hope to try and finish the chapter in time for Wednesday. Yesterday, I did school, exercised, and did something pretty fun with Mom (sorry for being inconspicuous!).

Today was pretty good until this afternoon. I got up at 5AM and had my quiet time. I dosed off for a couple minutes, but was still able to read 2 chapters and pray. I talked to Ben for a while, and then I made banana bread. It turned out good, too! :D While the banana bread was in the oven, I ran. I just finished week 2 of the couch-to-5K plan. I might do week 2 for another week, though. We shall see. After I ran, I made some eggs and sausage to go with the banana bread. Over breakfast, Mom and I listened to John MacArthur. His current series called The Disciples' Prayer is REALLY good! I highly recommend it. You can listen to it for free on his website. We're going to purchase the MP3s so we can have it on hand, and give it to a few friends as well, once the radio broadcast is over.

After breakfast, I cleaned up the kitchen and took a shower. I decided to start working on school, so I got out my history book...and then I fell asleep. I ended up sleeping until 1 this afternoon. It was a waste of time, but I guess I needed it. When I woke up, it was really hot in our house. As it turns out, our air conditioner is shot. It's 96 outside and about 88-90 inside the house. So, I'm camped out in my parents room with my laptop, a fan, an icepack, and a glass of ice water (and my cell phone with its dead battery). It feels pretty good! We're supposed to be getting a new AC installed tomorrow. It'll be nice...AND *drumroll* it will cool my room, unlike our current one.

I feel pretty bad for our dogs, and the cat. They're all soo hot; especially Carly, our beagle/husky mix. My parents are thinking about us all staying at a hotel tonight, with our dogs and the cat.

In other news...
My 10 Volume set of Spurgeon sermons came in the mail tonight. I'm thoroughly excited about it! Maybe I'll post pictures or something. Haha. It's got hundreds of his sermons in it. So much good stuff in them..what a great preacher. I so wish there were more like him today!

Well, I need to find out what the deal is, and get ready to go, if we're going. Your prayers are appreciated...tomorrow, we're going to the abortion clinic and out evangelizing with the people at church as always. Please pray for the Lord to step in and save babies, and souls.

Blessings,
Mary Jo


"Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen."

~Jude 24-25

No comments: