Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday, Friday, Friday

So, I haven't gotten a whole lot done today. Got up at 5, and talked to Ben until nearly 8. We have family devotions at 6, but my Dad was up late installing my new fan in my bedroom, so he slept in. I don't really know why it is that I'm stopping to blog; I've got a number of things to do today. I'm finding it hard to concentrate on most things, from the thrill of the mills being closed down. I need to do some cleaning, do school, and have my quiet time with the Lord before around 4:30. A 9-year-old girl from my church, named Precious, is spending the weekend with me, while her parents get away for the weekend to celebrate their 18th anniversary. I don't know Precious very well, so it should be a good opporunity. She seems like a very sweet girl. As for tomorrow, we are (the ministry crew) heading to the mill for a time of prayer and worship. We won't be heading out at 6 AM, because, Glory to the LORD, not one baby is being torn from his mother's womb tomorrow. After prayer and worship, we'll be having a breakfast out with everyone. I'll be spending the rest of Saturday with Precious, probably doing some baking, and getting to know her. Sunday is the LORD's Day, so we'll be worshipping and sitting under the preaching of the Word of God yet again. What a huge blessing that always is.

I hope everyone has a splendid weekend. Many blessings!

-Mary Jo

Oh! During my devotions, I've been reading Matthew Henry's commentary, along with the Bible. It is so very excellent..I highly recommend reading it. It can be found, in its entirety for free here.

No comments: