Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Great Sale!

I don't know about you, but I think John Piper is great. God has used him in so many ways, and He really is such a breath of fresh air to the modern church; a nice break from the Joel Osteens and Benny Hinns of our day. His faithfulness to God and willingness to preach the Word in season and out of season are incredibly encouraging for me and so many others.

His books, and the books of a few others are on from the 27th (tomorrow) through the 28th at desiringGod.org for $5! Every.single.book. I highly recommend y'all head on over and check it out.

One book that I read of Piper's that was a great encouragement to me was "When I Don't Desire God." I read it when I was going through a more "wintery" season in my walk with the Lord. It contained many sharp rebukes to me, personally, for not delighting myself in the Lord always (I don't know whether they were intended to be sharp rebukes, or if they simply hit home for me because that was exactly where I was). Piper included many practical ideas and encouragements, as well. It was certainly a good book. I would definitely recommend it and will probably reference it again myself one day. Ultimately, God brought me through that season, and while I'm no where close to perfect, I certainly try to always delight myself in the Lord. After all, as John Piper so often says, "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him."

No comments: