This is the Guest Room that I organized for the 30 Day Organizational Challenge at Org Junkie, which ends today. Before and After pictures are below, followed by the answers to the questions Laura posted.
Aah...Hopefully our next guest will enjoy having a nice, clean room. Ben comes to see us (me) more often than anyone else so this room is affectionately called "Ben's Room." :o) (yes, yes...I love him!). But, anyway...enough fluff...onto the questions.
1. What was the hardest part of the challenge for you and were you able to overcome it?
The hardest part was probably having to wait for a time when Mom and I could spend a solid chunk of time going through the things in the room. With her starting a subbing position and me starting college (correspondance), that wasn't as easy as it always has been. We did the bulk of it before she started the 4 week job, though.
2. Tell us what kind of changes/habits you have put into place for your room/space to maintain its new order?
We just need to not use the room as a catch-all. It is only ever used when we have company, so maintaining its order shouldn't be hard.
3. What did you do with the "stuff" you were able to purge from your newly organized space?
We threw away a lot of stuff. The rest of it is in boxes waiting to be picked up by the Vietnam Vets. There are 2 moving boxes of stuff to give away. Aaah... (yes, that's a sigh of relief)
4. What was the biggest lesson you learned from this experience?
Don't keep things unless you'll use them! It doesn't matter if they're nice. If they won't be used, give them away. Don't just keep stuff everywhere.
5. Now that you've completed the PROCESS, do you think having and keeping the space organized will make a difference in your life?
It will be good to have it looking nice for company, and cut down on the "stress" of getting ready for house guests. :)