Ever since I started spending time with Ben's family, I've been in a vehicle with many, many people on a fairly regular basis, and while I'm no expert, I've picked up some tips along the way:
- When one person stops to use the bathroom, have everyone go even if they don't "need" to...chances are, they will in the next couple of hours.
- When stopping for food, have one person order everything for the whole group. If eating in the car, be sure to collect trash at the end of the meal so it doesn't get left in the vehicle for days at a time.
- Throw trash out at every stop.
- When we go on tour, we are on the road a lot for about a week at a time. One thing that is good to do in this type of scenario is to straighten out the van on a regular (daily, at least) basis. That way, when you get home after a week of being on the road, there isn't 2 hours of cleaning to do before the van is presentable.
- If there are small children, it's good to have someone older near them who is authoritative, to stop arguments and rough housing, and to make sure they're not doing crazy things like crawling into the back where the suitcases are, etc.