Monday, January 29, 2007

It's Cold!

For Florida, it's pretty chilly today. When I got up this morning, it was 38*, and there is a freeze warning for tonight. We got some things to cover our plants with; our citrus trees (orange and lemon) are blossoming, and if they freeze, we'll have no fruit come next winter! That would be a bummer! It's waaay better than fruit you find at the store...our lemons are HUGE and our oranges have great flavor. We didn't plant either tree...they were in the yard when we got here, and we don't have to do anything to them to take care of them (besides cover them if it freezes). :o)

Today has been fairly productive. I didn't get everything done that I wanted to, but I was able to exercise, read a lot of Calvin's commentary on 1 John (so good), and I also made lunch, and I'm working on dinner. The multi-grain quick bread is in the oven, and the chicken for the soup is cooked, but the soup is really quick (about 10 minutes cooking--!!), so I'm going to wait until the bread is closer to being done before I start the soup.

I also was able to work on Greek for about an hour, clean the kitchen (Monday is the day I work on cleaning appliances), and walk the dogs with my Mom. I'm hoping to do a little more reading after this post, and then eat, and talk to Ben later tonight.

There will be a big crowd on Thursday night and Sunday night. I'm looking forward to that. I'm also looking forward to getting to spend some time with BEN over the weekend (he'll be here from Thursday night until Monday morning). I can't wait to see him!

I need to maybe try to keep my blog more on one topic/theme...but, I don't know how I'd NOT talk about any of the things I talk about (my day-to-day, pro-life stuff, and Christianity). I guess they all sort of play a part in my Pursuit of Holiness. :o) That works. Thoughts?

Does anyone know of any frugal ways to keep plants from freezing? We tried sheets last year, and they didnt work, so this year we bought the stuff they recommended on the news (which ended up being $45!!! *gasp*).

I think I'm going to start using my camera more often, and putting more pictures on the blog. Do y'all think that would make the blog more interesting?

Back to the kitchen!
-Mary Jo

No comments: