Monday, January 15, 2007

I'm Back!

Okay, okay...

I've been back since late Wednesday night. It is so hard to get back into the habit of blogging regularly (even though I enjoy it!) when I've been away for so long. Not to mention, I've been fairly busy the last few days. But, anyway, I've returned to the blogging world. For those of you who are still with me, thanks for not leaving! I know that failing to blog for 2 weeks (gasp) is a biiig no-no in the world of blogs...nonetheless, one must maintain proper priorities!

My trip to Covenant Farm, the Murch family's residence, was splendid. I very much enjoyed my time with Ben (*sigh*) and his precious family. The fellowship was so sweet, and it is truly a beautiful place! I was sad to leave...one day, I'll be up there for good! :) Hopefully it's not too long...God's timing is perfect though, so I'll trust Him! I really enjoy their Pastor's preaching, too, so being away didn't prevent me from sitting under sound preaching of God's word. Pastor Ware is such a wonderful man of God. We were able to go out evangelizing one Saturday and then we all went to his house for lunch. It was such a splendid time of fellowship. The stories he has are so great to hear. He's about 78, so he has a lot of them! :o)

Ooh! Ben gave me my birthday present the day after I got to his house. :D He got me a beeeautiful white gold heart necklace. I should post a picture of it. I've worn it every day since I got it. He's such a sweet guy. I was so surprised, too! I had nooo idea what he had for me, even after numerous interrogations on my part (poor Ben...he doesn't really like being bombarded with questions very much).

Since I got home, I've been enjoying not having to worry about doing schoolwork. The day after I returned, I finished read a book Lauren, Ben's sister, lent me called The King James Only Controversy, by James R. White. It was a very interesting read. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I've read a number of good books lately...perhaps I will do some book reviews on the blog soon. Any thoughts?

In addition to reading, I also helped my Mom get our house ready for company. We had a bunch of friends from church over yesterday afternoon for lunch. We made homemade spaghetti sauce with meatballs and Italian sausage, salad, rolls (which I completely messed up--whoops!--we had to run out and get some at the store), and turtle brownies (brownies with carmel) served with vanilla icecream. It was such a wonderful time of fellowship. I really enjoyed it! Hopefully, we can do it again soon!

While I was gone, Liberty Counsel sent out an email containing a news release about how they helped us in our situation with the Altamonte Springs Police Department, in which they linked to my blog. That news release is online, but does not contian the paragraph that included my blog. Here is a link, if you are interested. I'm so thankful that God used them to open the doors of communication wider between us and the aborting women. Praise His name!

That e-mail brought a lot of traffic to my blog, as well as a few comments. I think I need to respond to some of the comments in individual posts. Over the next couple of days, I plan to go ahead and do that. I think I'm going to go ahead and start on that endeavor.

It's good to be back (in the blog world)!

Many blessings,
Mary Jo

No comments: